Creating a Personal Brand with Jacob Cass
[Podcast Ep 2.5]
As a designer you need a personal brand. But what name should you use? How do you design your own logo? Do you need a website and what should be on it? In this episode Ian chats with Jacob Cass to find out. We learn how Jacobs been able to travel the world whilst working as a freelance designer, how he designs a logo, and how he makes a passive income from affiliate marketing.
Jacob Cass is a logo, brand and web designer best known for his blog and business, Just Creative.
Key elements to include on a website include:
- Information about yourself.
- Your services – What you do.
- Your portfolio with work presented in context.
- Contact form.
- News or Blog – Show credibility and expertise by sharing your work, tutorials, tips etc. Show off what you can do.
- Brand questionnaire.
Tools & Resources Mentioned
- Buffer – For social media automation
- Panda – A chrome extension for design news & inspiration
Sponsored by FreshBooks
Before ending this I’d like to thank FreshBooks for sponsoring this episode, and for making this series possible. It’s a beautifully designed accounting software that makes it easy to create and send invoices, to track time and to manage your incoming and outgoing money. I recommend trying it out for yourself by making use of the free 30 day trial offered to listeners of this podcast – just enter Logo Geek in the ‘how did you hear about us’ section.